Managing Patient Reports
The Patient Reports page (see figure below) provides functions for storing, viewing, downloading, printing, and signing/approving patient reports. The following report types prepared by the VitalConnect Cardiac Monitoring Service may be viewed on the Patient Reports page:
- Extended Holter (EH) 24-hour reports
- Extended Holter NOW 5-day reports
- Extended Holter End-of-Service reports
- Mobile Cardiac Telemetry (MCT) event reports
- Vital Sign reports
Additionally, the Patient Reports page will display Event and Vital Sign reports prepared by authorized clinical personnel from the Patient Census page. See Patient Census for instructions on how to prepare these reports.
Note: The Patient Reports page does not support notification reports. See Patient Notification Report for details on notification reports.
Before using Patient Reports, ensure that Report Delivery Preferences are configured.
To Access the Patient Reports
Select Patient Reports from the Menu or select the icon in the sidebar (if available). The patient reports interface is displayed. See figure above. The default view shows only unsigned End-of-Service reports.
- Left Column: Report List with the following:
- Controls for sorting and filtering the report list.
- Below the controls are a list of reports matching the current filter and sort criteria.
- The currently viewed report is highlighted.
- Middle Column: Report View with the following
- Patient identifier with name, DOB and gender.
- Report file name.
- Report identifier with monitoring type, duration, patch ID and relay (device) name.
- Download Report and Print Report buttons.
- The report in a scrollable pane. If a signature has been applied, it will appear on the last page of the report.
- Right Column: Signature Panel with the following:
- Signature controls
- Viewing/Approval status indicators
To Sort and Filter the Report List
See the figure below. All sorting and filtering selections are optional.
- Choose a report Type to view. The current report type is highlighted in blue. Select from the following options: All, End-of-Service (default), Vital Signs, EH Now, 24-Hour Holter, or Event.
- Optionally, select a report status filter from the Filter By menu. Options are: All, Unsigned (default), Signed, Unprinted, Printed, Unviewed, Viewed, Downloaded and Undownloaded.
- Optionally, select a report delivery preference filter from the Report Delivery Preferences menu. Options will vary by the preferences configured for your organization. Default selection is All, unless an alternate default is selected for the currently logged-on clinical user.
- Optionally, select a clinician name filter from the Clinician Name menu. Options will vary by the clinicians that have been configured in the report delivery preferences. Default selection is All.
- Optionally, enter text in the Search box to find reports by patient name, clinician name, event type, report type or any other text that appears in the report list. For best results when searching, ensure that All is selected for the filtering options above.
- Optionally, use the Sort menu to sort the report list by: Newest Generated (default), Oldest Generated, or Event Severity.
To View, Download and Print Reports
Your organization’s clinical documentation and reimbursement procedures may require reports to be downloaded and/or printed. When reports are printed from the Patient Reports page, VistaCenter tracks the printed status. See figure below.
- Select a report from the list to view it. The selected report is highlighted with a gray background.
- Check the Patient Identifier and Report Identifier fields at the top of the page to confirm you are viewing the correct information (for example, check patient name and DOB).
- Depending on screen size and report length, reports may not be displayed completely. To view the entire report, use the scroll bar on the right side of the report display.
- If the report has been signed, the signature will appear on a separate last page of the report.
- To download the report, click the Download Report button. Your browser will save the report to your computer’s file system. The name of the report will be the File Name in the report display (see figure below), and will include the report type, patient name, and report date.
- To print the report, click the Print Report button. Your browser will display controls for choosing print options.
- When printing is complete, the report will display a green badge in the report list.
To Sign Reports
Your organization’s clinical documentation and reimbursement procedures may require certain reports to be signed. VistaCenter records signatures and comments applied in the Manage Reports page. Use the following procedure to sign reports (see figure below):
- Select and view the report (see procedure above).
- A signature panel appears on the right side of the report display. Reports generated by the VitalConnect cardiac monitoring service may include comments in the Comments field. If you agree with comments, click Agree with findings below this field. If necessary, enter additional comments.
- Sign the report by drawing a signature in the panel, or enter your name in the panel. To clear a signature, click the Clear button.
- Click the Sign Report button. Once signed, the report will display a green badge in the report list.
The lower region of the signature panel may also display green confirmation messages for the following actions: viewing, downloading and printing. If the report has been signed, a green confirmation message appears at the top of the panel. Each confirmation message displays the the username and most recent timestamp (date and time) when the action occurred.
To Modify the Initial Patient Report View
Administrators can modify the initial view of the Patient Reports page for the organization (for example, by defining default filters and sorting). See MAN-027, IT Admin Guide for more information.