Managing Report Delivery Preferences
When the VitalConnect cardiac monitoring service completes a report, it sends a notification that a new report is available. Each organization has a default report delivery preference for how and when to send notifications. The preference defines the following:
- A name and description of the preference
- One or more clinicians as recipients
- Email, Fax and SMS (text message) destinations
- MCT Notification criteria, such as event rate and duration
Additional delivery preference profiles can be added for specific needs. These profiles can then be assigned on a per-patient basis when performing patient intake, or can be reassigned to a patient afterwards. For example, profiles can be created for a specific physician, alternate office locations, or for patient acuity.
When viewing a list patients in the Patient Census view, the report delivery preference for each patient is shown.
Refer to the following procedures:
To View and Manage Preferences
- Select Manage Report Delivery Preferences from the Menu or select the icon in the sidebar (if available). The reports delivery preferences interface is displayed. See figure below.
- Select View or Edit to view or edit an existing profile. The details of the profile are displayed in a panel to the right of the interface.
- To create a new report delivery profile, click the New Report Delivery Preference button. A panel appears on the right where details can be entered. See figure to the right.
- Fill in and confirm details in the form. Use the X button on the right side of each header to expand and collapse sections.
- When finished editing the options, select Create Report Delivery Preference button.
Edit Basic Details
See “Basic Details” in the figure below.
- Enter the name of the report delivery preference. This should be a short name that will be easy to identify in the patient census table and other places where the preference set will be referenced.
- Enter a description of the report delivery preference. This will be visible only in this section. The description should provide a summary of the delivery preferences, such as patient population, location information, and any modifications to the MCT notification criteria.
- Enter office address and contact phone numbers for insurance and other inquiries (reports will not be sent using these contacts)
- Office Address
- Office Phone Number
- After Hours Phone Number
- Billing Phone Number
- Billing Email Address
Edit Report Destinations: Email, Fax, and SMS
See “Report Destinations” in the figure below.
- Enter Email addresses for report destinations. When you begin entering an address, a new, blank field appears below. To delete an email address, click the X on the right side of the field. Any number of email addresses may be entered in successive fields.
- Enter Fax numbers for report destinations. When you begin entering a number, a new, blank field appears below. To support international destinations, country codes should be entered (for example, enter “1” for the United States). To delete a number, click the X on the right side of the field. Any number of Fax destinations may be entered in successive fields.
- Enter SMS (text message) numbers for report destinations. When you begin entering a number, a new, blank field appears below. To support international destinations, country codes should be entered (for example, enter “1” for the United States). To delete a number, click the X on the right side of the field. Any number of SMS destinations may be entered in successive fields.
Edit Clinician Names
See “Clinician Names” in the figure below.
Enter clinician names. When you being entering a name, a new, blank field appears below. Any number of names may be entered in successive fields.
Edit Delivery Preference Settings
See “Delivery Preference Settings” in the figure below.
- If this delivery preference should be used as the default for your organization, select Use as Default for the Organization.
- Select whether to send emails, SMS (text messages), and/or Fax when the following new reports are ready:
Select whether to send MCT event reports for the following severities:
- Vital Signs Reports
- End-of-Service Reports
- Extended Holter NOW and 24-Hour Holter Reports
- MCT Event Reports
- Critical Event Reports
- Important Event Reports
- Stable Event Reports
To Set MCT Notification Criteria
Note: This configuration is only available for organizations using the VitalConnect Cardiac Monitoring service.
Use the following procedure to modify the MCT notification criteria. A different MCT notification criteria set can be defined for each set of report delivery preferences. For example, you can define a criteria set that has a lower heart rate threshold or duration for triggering the generation of an atrial fibrillation event report. See figure below.
- Use the procedure in the previous section to create or edit a notification preference configuration.
- Click the Edit Notification Criteria button. The notification criteria set appears. See figure below.
- Use the pulldown menus to change when to call, the rate criteria, and the duration criteria.
- Save changes when complete.